Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Day 26.



Re: this:

April Fools.

I assume you figured that out, but this did not stop me from cruelly giggling, even when my wife told me I was dead to her, like I'd personally gouged out my dog's eyes. A cruel prank? Yes. As brilliant Google's CADIE? Not even close.

Annyong is, as you can see, just fine, two-eyed and wholly unpunctured, and it's just gorgeous here today. It snowed most of the day yesterday and started again at night, and I woke up this morning with a whole world painted in white, like a Japanese print or one of the winter SundayCalvin and Hobbes panels. Just beautiful.

This means that I'm again snowed in, unless I can get somebody to plow the road or until it melts. This is just fine with me, since I've got plenty of wood, I'm making water today with the fresh snow, and I've got a Crock-Pot full of awesome green chile stew.

I finished up a problematic chapter last night, and I started on another that I'm steadily adding to today. The problem is that it's so pretty out, and so mild and still and quiet, that I want to be outside. Annyong the Two-Eyed Dog is also having fun outside, running at full speed and making furrows as he ducks his head into the fluffy snow, grabbing big mouthfuls of it and rolling around. Time to make some water.




No comments:

Post a Comment